Easy, Fast, & Delicious Crockpot Recipes for Back-to-School
It’s that time of the year again, when kids head back to school and activities are pulling parents in every direction! Let’s face it, you are so concerned about making lunches and getting little Johnny to football practice that dinner doesn’t seem to cross your mind until it’s too late! Deciding what to make for dinner and then actually cooking can be a bigger pain than it should be, especially with a crazy schedule. We’ve picked some of our favorite, easy crockpot recipes! We hope this gives you some dinner time inspiration without the hassle!
Santa Fe Soup
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
- 1 package ground beef or turkey
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can white shoepeg corn
- 1 can original Rotel
- 1 large can petite diced tomatoes
- Chopped onion
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- 2 packets of ranch powder
- Brown ground beef (or turkey) in a skillet
- Mix in 1 packet of taco seasoning, 1 packet of ranch powder, and chopped onions
- Put the browned and seasoned meat and onions in the crockpot
- Add all of the canned ingredients into the crockpot (tomato sauce, petite diced tomatoes, all beans, corn, and Rotel)
- Add the other packet of taco seasoning and ranch powder
- Mix all of the ingredients in the crockpot
- Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 5 hours
- Stir well before serving
- If it is not soupy enough for your liking- add water as desired
- Serving option: serve over tortilla chips and add cheese or sour cream on top!
Cheesy Chicken Penne
Prep Time: about 10 mins
Cook Time: about 6 hours, 30 minutes
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.5-oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- dash of salt to taste
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. cooked penne pasta
- Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth to the slow cooker, stir.
- Add the oregano, garlic power, salt, pepper, mushrooms and onions.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- After the cooking time is up, start cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
- Shred the chicken with a fork
- Add sour cream and half of the cheese, stir.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and stir again.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top. Cover the crockpot and cook for an additional 20 minutes on low to melt cheese and let the dish season out.
Shredded Mexican Chicken
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar chunky salsa (or 1-2 cans of original Rotel)
- 1-2 packets of taco seasoning
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot
- Mix in salsa (or Rotel) & taco seasoning packet (you can add more depending on preference)
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours
- Shred chicken with a fork & serve on tacos, burritos, salads, or whatever you like!